Monday, December 29, 2014

Your Guide to Finding Chic Office Supplies

Office supplies - washi tape, notebooks, containers, pencils, pens, paper clips and planner

Gold, Pink & Glitter - Oh My!

Happy Monday, friends!  Be prepared to get really excited.  And I mean dance-around-your-living-room-to-Mr. Brightside excited. Oh, is it just me who does that...?  Awkward.  So why are we getting so excited, you ask?  Two words that are (maybe, weirdly?) magical to me:  office supplies.  Not just any old office supplies... adorable and grown-up office supplies.  If you've ever been through a stationery section in a large retailer, it can tend to be hit or miss in the chic department.  I'm here to gush about all the cutesy office supplies that are stylish and functional and where I've had luck finding these great items (many on the cheap!).

Pretty office supplies on desk.
  

Six places to find your perfect supplies:

1.  Start with what you have.

Christmas may be over but your gold and glittery treasures (that don't necessarily scream Christmas) may be perfect for year round use.  Or, hey, if you want to keep snowflakes and stockings out all year, I'm certainly not judging!  Tiny, glittery gold ornament balls or white and gold candles, for example, could easily be repurposed to add a little shimmer to your desk!  While you're packing up your Christmas decorations that don't make the cut to stay out year round, look around your home for coordinating items or unique pieces that can also be repurposed (i.e.: jars, trays, chalkboards, fun trinkets, cute boxes for storage, etc.).  You may be surprised with what you find!


2.  Peruse the stationary section at discount stores.

I love a good deal.  My mom and grandma are fantastic deal finders and I've been working on honing this skill.  One time, when working at a department store back in college, I was able to purchase three sets of cute white dishes that were crazy discounted for $4 a set.  Weeeee!  With that being said, I love stores like Home Goods, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Gordmans and Dollar Tree.  While it's sometimes hit or miss, it is completely worth swinging by that department when making a trip there - you may find a fantastic treasure.  I have had a lot of luck finding fantastic office products at these stores.  Recently, I found some washi tape at the Dollar Tree near me that are super cute, not to mention cheap.  Don't forget to buy a couple extra items here and there as these also make great gifts!

Office Supplies including pencils, pencil holder, container, paper clips and tray.
White and gold container:  Nicole Miller from Home Goods
Office Supplies Pink and white notepad
Notepad from Home Goods
  

3.  Specialty office supply stores and gift stores.

When I walk into a store devoted to office supplies and gift stores, I feel like a kid in a candy shop (I LOVE candy).  I get giddy.  I can spend hours looking at all the fun and pretty supplies and trinkets without noticing the time passing.  So if you're like me, you definitely must check out these stores to find some fun unique things.  In my last post about The 6 Best Planners for 2015, I mentioned that I actually ordered my Emily Ley Simplified Planner from cute store like this.  Some stores I love:  Typo, Ban.do and Paper Source.  Check 'em out.

4.  Large retailers. 

Okay, I know, obvious.  You've probably already been to most of these stores before for office supplies.  Places like Target, Staples, Walmart and Amazon have office supplies galore too.  Like I mentioned earlier, from my own experience, sometimes it can be hit or miss with these stores.  But then again, I can sometimes be a little particular.  Definitely check out the dollar section in Target though!  At the time of this post, they also have some pretty great Nate Berkus office supplies there too.  Lots of gold.

Tri-conderoga matte black pencils.
Pencils:  Matte Black Tri-Conderoga from Target
Small Bowl with Clothes Pins
Itty bitty teeny tiny clothes pins from Walmart
Small White Bowl with Gold Paper Clips
Gold Paper Clips from Staples
Gel Pens by Write Dudes at Target store.
Gel Pens:  Write Dudes pens from Target (note...these are awesome and super cheap!)

 5.  Craft stores are filled with fun.

Don't forget to check out craft stores!  I have such a blast going into Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Jo-Ann Fabrics.  Often they have crafty paper goods and stickers near and in the scrapbooking section.  At Jo-Ann Fabrics I found Teresa Collins Designs products in her Studio Gold collection that are so sweet (and scored them for 40% which makes it even sweeter).  Also, I've found great items in the dollar sections at these places too!  Hobby Lobby is another good place to look for inexpensive washi tape.  I bought a couple 2-packs that were all 50% (score!) and came to just under $2 a pack.
Teresa Collins Designs Studio Gold Stickers and Gold Washi Tape
Stickers: Teresa Collins Designs-Studio Gold Collection from Jo-Ann Fabrics

Teresa Collins Designs Studio Gold Gold Patterned File Folders
Folders: Teresa Collins Designs-Studio Gold Collection from Jo-Ann Fabric

Colorful Washi Tape from Hobby Lobby
Washi Tape from Hobby Lobby

6.  Other places.

Some other places to look:  Pier 1 Imports and Etsy.  Pier 1 has some fun stationery and also there are so many things that can be used for many different purposes.  I'm pretty sure my pencil cup and tray are actually bathroom products, but hey, they work perfectly for my desk so who cares!  Etsy has SO many fun and creative things that are unique AND you can help support small businesses!

Gold and white chevron pencil holder/tray and two small bowls from Pier 1 Imports
Gold and white chevron pencil holder/tray and two small bowls from Pier 1 Imports

Three mini notebooks from Pier 1 Imports
Pack of three mini notebooks (on super sale!) at Pier 1 Imports

Chic Office Supplies including Emily Ley Planner, small notebooks, pencils, gold paper clips, chevron pencil cup and tray


Now that I've given you a range of places to shop for new office supplies (and make use of things you already have), cue up your favorite song, grab your hair brush and prepare for some quality dancing around the living room!


XO,
Dana

6 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife actually owns a small craft store and these definitely are great examples of what is in her store. I think that this stuff is really amazing to have and you could do some awesome projects with this type of craft supplies. I'll have to send this article to my wife to see if she can relate to this guide at all. http://www.fromavet.com/office-supplies

    ReplyDelete


  3. Thanks for the information. Hope devotes will be careful after reading this post.Regards

    Best Office Supplies

    ReplyDelete
  4. It helps in accomplishing the objective of the business. However, in an ergonomic workstation, we implement many working accessories that help the people perform better. All these components work together in harmony to achieve the desired goal.
    business card holder

    ReplyDelete
  5. Office supplies can certainly brighten up your office, and desk. Whether your style is plain, or flashy, you can find what you are looking for from a high-quality office supply company. I like what you did with basic office supplies, and dishes from home and made them your own. My girlfriend would love those, as gold is her favorite color.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top