Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The 6 Best Planners: 2015

Top L to R:  Sugar Paper; Day Designer; May Designs;   Bottom L to R: Lilly Pulitzer; Emily Ley; Kate Spade





What better way to start a blog about organization than to kick it off with a post about thee most adorable planners on the market for 2015?!  Seriously, just look at those patterns (eeekk - adorbs)!  I had a dreadfully hard time narrowing down the list of planners to only six, let alone one to use for 2015.  I did make a decision - more on that later.

Since 2014 is wrapping up (insert time flies comment here: _____ ), it's time to order a new, fresh and shiny planner for 2015!  While many have chosen to use their smartphone for their calendar needs, I just can't convert.  This comment coming from a total tech nerd.  So believe me when I tell you that I've given it a valiant effort.  I love technology.  LOVE.  But there's something about a beautiful planner and the gratification that comes with checking off a box, once a task has been completed, that I find so satisfying. 

I adore pretty things.  Call me crazy, but, I am convinced I use products that are pretty much more than those that are bland and boring.  Oh, and also I love gold.  And pink. And I can't forget black, white and cream.  Hmm... maybe it's obvious by looking at my blog color choices.  While I love using adorable planners, it is equally important that the planner serves its function properly. 

I searched high and low and spent way too much time on Pinterest (oh, hey, since we're new friends, you should check me out on Pinterest!) and I found some really adorable planners that all get an "A" in the useful department.

So which planner did I (finally) decide on...




The Emily Ley Simplified Planner - Daily Edition - Navy Dot.

First and foremost, I had such a hard time making up my mind because I was head over heels for all six that I listed, and then some.  Obviously it would be unrealistic a tad crazy to use six planners at once so my decision came down to the purpose it would serve over the next year and which met those needs better.  Secondly, Emily Ley's Simplified Planner is a hot item... as of this blog post, it is sold out on her website, however, I just called one of the stores, The Beehive in Fairfield, CT on the list of retailers to order one.  Lucky for me, they had some in stock and shipped it to me directly.

I'm currently in graduate school working on my masters degree and have a full time job.  Thus, I need a lot of space for each day to write reminders and homework that I need to complete.  In addition, I do a fair amount of personal and work travel so I need room to include flight times, packing reminders and other important travel details.  I suppose now I can also add blog notes to the list of things I need space for in my planner too.  I love that the Simplified Planner provides a page for each day - LOTS of room for notes!  There is a space for planning out your day, a to do list, a notes section, a place for what's for dinner, and finally, an inspirational quote.  You will notice another one of the planners in the top six, Day Designer by Whitney English, also provides a page for an entire day too. 

While I won't have a chance to put my pretty planner to the test until January, I think I've made a solid choice and investment to keep me organized throughout this upcoming year. 

Here are some of the other planners that I adored:

Don't forget fun supplies to make your planner even more pretty than it already is by itself!

Office supplies that are absolutely adorable:


I'd love to hear about any planners you're crushing on!

XO,
Dana



<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13351103/?claim=hmpnyhptq37">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

2 comments :

  1. thanks for this post! i've been searching for a planner and checked out all your recommendations! originally i was leaning towards the EC, but their referral code system and trying to use a coupon to save a whopping $10 on my 100 order was beyond frustrating... i ended up ordering from personal-planner ;) now i can't wait to get it in my hands and start PLANNING ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, after using your planner for a full year, what'd you think? I'm torn between Emily Ley and Whitney English. I used Erin Condren last year but want something a bit more task oriented this time around.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top